Wednesday, March 5, 2008

To the Capitalists: To Make Much of Time

Invest in me my love and see
Returns within the fiscal year
The yield is well past five percent
My equity is clear.

Take stock, my dear, of what you have
and what you may accrue
I fell you ought to know the risk
Before you say "I do."

I've no insurance nor do I
Own cars or real estate
Which makes things that much easier
When it's time to allocate.

I may not be well certified
(or have my CFA)
But I've got a nose to smell a find
And sense enough to stay.

Within these bonds we both shall find
A stabilizing force
Which seeks to mature year by year
In the running of its course.

We shall not index, for to base
Our fare on other's fortunes would
Betray anxiety of taste
I hardly thing we should.

Our love between these margins calls
Our options are derived
To tell the truth no trader knows
No kiss is fungible.

Now actively we'll strive to beat
The market and the yesteryear
And if we hold together then
We shall survive the Bull and Bear.

O, pool our funds together and,
Though we may start out beggarly
We soon shall see the beauty of
Our love compounded quarterly.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

well done, rather improved from that draft i read in that other life.

unknown blogger said...

did you write that all by yourself? wow it was good dude

efren said...

Great poem! I did not know you have other skills. Efren